The First Roller Coasters
Whalom's first wooden roller coaster (figure 8 design) was built in 1904 with a cost of $12,000.
It was located near the Corner Concession stand and Fascination game buildings stood. This coaster was destroyed by a tornado that struck the park in 1924. A new, much larger coaster was built (named 'the Shooting Star') It bordered Rte 13 and extended into the park where the Ferris Wheel, Bouncer and Tumble Bug were located. It too was destroyed by the hurricane of 1938.